Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Purpose

I guess we all go through those times of wondering what the purpose of our existence is. We all sometimes find ourselves caught in that "in-between" space. I feel like I've been in that place more times than I can count.
  What is the purpose that I was put on this earth to fulfill? Will I ever feel like I'm fulfilling it? I wonder these things to myself as I go from babysitting in the first half of the week to being a barista in the second half of the week.
  I find myself longing for an escape as it occurs to me how many people my age are done with college and are moving on to careers, and how many of my old friends are married and raising children.
  Someone once told me that I always "get it" a few days or even weeks after everyone else does. Someone else once told me that my hamster upstairs moves slower than others. Although it took everything in me to not be angry with either of these people when they said it I was able to see that in a way they are speaking the truth.
  Maybe that explains why I come back to this place so often. My dusty room of purposelessness where the windows are so dirty that I cant see out and the dust in the are makes it hard to breath. I wonder again and again, why I had to go through this, that and the other. I can never make head or tail of it and again I find myself rediscovering who I am.
 

No comments: